Read the questions carefully and solve.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Would you like to add your score to the leaderboard?
1) An estate agent received 2.5% on the sale of a house costing £515,000. How much did he make?
2) A retail outlet makes 5% on its hire purchase product. If at the end of one month the outlet gives out products on hire purchase worth £1,051,000, how much did the outlet make in that month?
3) Alfred is a marketing officer in charge of the sale of fuel products for the firm. As part of his contract, he is offered 5.7% on all his sales. If he is paid a salary of £2,500 and he makes sales of £51,700 on fuel products in one month, how much did he earn at the end of the month?
4) Lora makes 4.5% on every customer that takes a personal loan. If she is able to convince two customers who took personal loans of £69,500 and £10,000 respectively, how much would Lora make?
5) A floral shop sales girl is given 5% commission on every flower delivery she makes. At the end of the week, she makes seven deliveries worth £7,900. How much does she make that week?
6) Malia earns £150 a month plus an additional 2% commission on the sale of air conditioners. At the end of the month she sold air conditioners worth £23,500. How much does she earn in that month?
7) A real estate agent earns commission of 5% on the first $200,000, 3% on the next $200,000 and 1% on any remaining amount.
Calculate the commission earned on properties selling for:
a) $15,000 c) $1,000,000
b) $729,500 d) $375,000
8) An electronic salesman is given two options:
Option A = £1090 a week plus 2.1% commission on every £15,000 sale.
Option B = £200 a week plus 15% commission on every £15,000. Which option is better?
9) Daniel was given a choice of package when he joined a local hardware store.
Package A: $600 per week.
Package B: $375 per week plus 2% commission on the value of all his sales.
a) How much will Daniel earn for a week if his total sales are $7000 with:
i) package A ii) package B
b) If Daniel chooses package B instead of package A, how much does his sales need to amount to each week for his choice of package to be financially more lucrative?
a) i.= $ ii. =$
10) Erica works as a real estate agent. She charges 5% on the first $1800 of the selling price and 2.5% on the remainder.
a) Calculate the commission she receives on each of the following sales:
(i) A two bedroom unit for $17,900.
(ii)A block of land for $67,000.
(iii) A new office complex for $2.1 million.
b) Erica earns $6,135 commission on the sale of one house. What was the selling price of the house?
a) i.= $ ii.= iii. =$