Read the questions carefully and solve,
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) Terry was doing a makeover on his house. He sold most of his furniture for an amount of £115,000. He made a loss of £44,000. How much did he buy his furniture?
2) Lisa sold her mountain bike for £369.20 and made a profit of £55.00. How much did she buy the mountain bike?
3) Hannah bought a dinner dress for £105 and sold it after the dinner to her friend for £99. Find her loss from the sale of the dress.
4) A carton of milk costs £6.60. If I sell the carton of milk for £7.90, what is my profit per cent?
5) The cost price of an item is $15 the selling price is $24, calculate:
a) the profit. b) the percentage profit.
a) =$ b) = %
6) The cost price of an item was $35. Find the selling price if the profit was 20%.
7) A retailer made a loss of 15% on a machine costing $480. Find the selling price of the machine.
a) =$ b) =$
8) White woods’ store offers a fridge originally worth $1320 for $1200 on sale. What reduction percentage is being offered on sale?
9) By selling an article for $28.50, a trader made a loss of $5 on the cost price. Find: a) The cost price. b) The percentage loss.
a) =$ b)= %
10) Jane paid $369 for a dress. After graduation, she sold it back to the dressmaker for $199. Find:
a) Her loss from the sale.
b) Her loss as a percentage of the cost price.
a) =$ b)= %