Read the questions carefully and solve.
0 of 15 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 15 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Would you like to add your score to the leaderboard?
1) A car valued at $6500 last year is now worth 15% less. What is the value of the car now?
2) A sugar factory increases its production by 12.5% and produces 1385 tonnes of sugar a week. How many tonnes of sugar was it producing before?
3) A packaging company increased its production by 21% and produced 11,253 boxes of fruits each day. How many boxes of fruits was the factory producing daily before the increase?
4) A mining company employed 640 people. Due to a fall in the price of gold, the company streamlined its workforce and laid off 30% of the workers. How many workers does the company have presently?
5) The population of a town increases by 5% every year. In 2002, the population was 18900. What was the population in the year 2001?
6) The coccidiosis disease attacked a large farm of 7,120 fowls. At the end of the epidemic, 45% of the fowl population had died. How many fowls were left?
7) The production at a company was 15.5% higher in July than in June. If 8,600 items were produced in June, how many items were produced in July?
8) As a result of financial crisis in Bambodo Holdings, Joanne’s salary was slashed by 18%. If her salary was £1250, what will be her salary during the financial crisis?
9) A grocer brought 5,100 mangoes into his store. After three days, 32% of the mangoes had gone bad. How many mangoes were good?
10) Gina made sales worth £59,105 on Monday and on Tuesday, her sales increased by 15%. How much sales did she make on Tuesday?
11) A golf club is made up of 80 members and each member pays a subscription fee of £53. After a year, the members increased by 10% and the subscription fee reduced by 2%. How much did the club have at the end of the year?
12) A shop advertised a garden ornament at 10% off the sale price which was $50. The shop followed up with a second advertisement with another 10% off the new price.Is it the same as 20% decrease in the original price?
13) A computer system was priced at $1000 at the start of 2010. By 2011, it was 10% cheaper. If the price of the computer system reduces by 10% at the beginning of every year, what was the price of the computer system at the start of 2012?
14) A pack of biscuit which costs $1.40 normally contains 300g of biscuit. There are two special offers:
Which is the better offer?
15) An increase of 20% in the price of a car raised its price to $160,200. What would have been the price if it had been reduced by 5% instead?