0 of 8 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 8 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) At 7am, Joe recorded the temperature in his garden as being −4°C. He went outside at 1pm and found that the temperature had increased by 12°C. What was the temperature at 1pm?
2) At 6 pm, the outside temperature was 7°C. By 6 am, the temperature had dropped by 13°C. What was the temperature at 6 am?
3) The temperature on Saturday was 10 degrees below zero Celsius. On Sunday the temperature was 30 degrees above zero Celsius
a) What integer represents the low temperature on Saturday in degree Celsius?
b) Calculate the change in temperature on Sunday?
4) Everest, the highest elevation in Asia, is 29,028 feet above sea level. The Dead Sea, the lowest depression, is 1,312 feet below sea level. What is the difference between Mt Everest and the Dead Sea?
5) A submarine was situated 800 feet below sea level. If it ascends 250 feet, what is its new position?
6) In the Sahara Desert one day it was 136°F. In the Gobi Desert a temperature of -50°F was recorded. What is the difference between these two temperatures?
7) Metal mercury at room temperature is a liquid. Its melting point is -39°C. The freezing point of alcohol is -114°C. How much warmer is the melting point of mercury than the freezing point of alcohol?
8) A tower 150 metres above the ground has a 20 metres underground compartment, how tall is the building?