0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) Triple a number; take away 6 and multiply the result by 2. The answer is 18. What is the number?
2) The width of a rectangle is 5cm less than its length. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 18cm, find:
a) the length b) the area
3) A number is tripled and then 7 is added to the number. If the total is 28, find the number.
4) The first volume of a book has pages and the second has 54 pages more. The third and fourth volumes each have 32 pages more than the second. If the total number of pages in all four volumes is 866, calculate the number of pages in each volume.
= , , and
5) Abel jogged a certain distance and stopped to buy a drink. He continued another 4 km to reach his home. If he covered a total of 21 km, find the first distance he covered.
6) Peter has £12 and Suki has nothing. They both receive the same money for doing a delivery job. Now Peter has three times as much as Suki. How much did they get for the delivery job?
7) The area of rectangle “A” is twice the area of rectangle B. Find x
8) Grace has nine soft toys. She decided to give each of them a new ribbon so she bought two long pieces of material to cut into nine equal ribbons. From the first piece of materials she cut 7 ribbons and had 11cm left over. From the second piece of material she cut 2 ribbons and had 146cm left over. How long is each ribbon?
9) At the end of the day, a pharmacist counted and found she has as many prescriptions for antibiotics as she did for tranquilizers. She had 84 prescriptions for the two types of drugs. How many prescriptions did she have for tranquilizers?
10) Jose has a board that is 44 inches long. He wishes to cut it into two pieces so that one piece will be 6 inches longer than the other. How long should the shorter piece be?