0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
∆ = / , * = /
2. The line with equation y + ax = c, passes through the points (1, 5) and (3, 1).
Find a and c. (Hint: For the point (1, 5), put x = 1 and y = 5 into y + ax = c.
For the point (3, 1), put x = 3 and y = 1 into y + ax = c.)
a = , c =
3. The line y = mx + c passes through (2, 5) and (4, 13). Find m and c.
m = , c =
4. A grandfather is ten times older than his granddaughter. He is also 54 years older than her. How old is each of them?
Grandfather = yrs
Granddaughter = yrs
5. A two digit number is such that the sum of its digits is 11. The number is 27 greater than the number obtained by interchanging the digits. Find the number.
The number is:
6) 7 cups and 8 plates cost $6.30. Eight cups and 7 plates cost $6.45. Calculate the cost of a cup and a plate.
cup = $ , plate = $
7) A man’s age and his son’s age add up to 45 years. Five years ago the man was 6 times as old as his son. How old was the man when his son was born?
man = years
8) Pat’s age and David’s age add up to 29. 7 years ago, Pat was twice as old as David. Find their present ages.
Pat = yrs, David = yrs
9) Four knives and six forks cost $1.36. Six knives and five forks cost $1.64. Find the cost of a knife and a fork.
knife = $
fork = $
10) A trader can buy either two televisions and three video-recorders for $1750 or four televisions and one video–recorder for $1250. Find the cost of one of each.
Television = $
Video recorder = $