Answer each question correctly. Round your answer to the nearest tenth. Round dollar amounts to the nearest cent.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1)Jenny was planning a trip to the United Arab Emirates. Before going, she did some research and learned that the exchange rate is 4 Dirhams for every $1. How many Dirhams would she get for $5?
2) Castel bought four bunches of fennel for $9. How many bunches of fennel can Mofor buy if he has $18?
3) Eight people can pick all the grapes in a vineyard in ten days.
i) How long will it take 5 people?
ii) How many people are needed to pick them all in four days?
4) Asanji took a trip to Mexico. At the end of the trip, he converted all of his Mexican pesos back to dollars. How many dollars did he receive if he exchanged 42.70 Pesos at a rate of $5.30 = 11.10 Pesos?
5) The exchange rate for the Argentine peso is approximately $3 = 1 Peso. At this rate, how many Pesos would you get if you exchange $121.10?
6) Raymond prepared 12 kilograms of dough after working 3 hours. How many hours did Raymond work if he prepared 16 kilograms of dough? Assume the relationship is directly proportional.
7) Molly bought two heads of cabbage for $1.80. How many heads of cabbage can Willie buy if he has $28.80?
8) Jones travels from work to his house at 30 mph for 30 minutes. If he travels at 60 mph over the same distance, how long will it take him?
9) In Western Samoa, the exchange rate is 6 Tala for $2. How many Tala would I get in exchange for $6?
10) Stationery sets are available at three prices $30, $40 and $60 respectively. Leo can afford to buy the $60 set with 24 pieces of stationery.
i) How many pieces can Leo get in the $40 set?
ii) How many pieces of stationery can he get in the $30 set?