Read the following problems carefully and solve.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) At Furnace Woods School, enrollment increased from 320 students in 2006 to 349 students in 2007. What is the percentage increase in enrollment?
2) A house was bought for $189,000 and sold for $235,000 the next year. Calculate the percentage increase.
3) A computer store offered a $15 discount on a game which was originally sold at $69.95. What percentage discount was this?
4) A netball usually marked at $39.95 is offered for sale at $29.95. What percentage discount is this?
5) A house appreciates at a rate of 7 ½ % per annum. If the house is now worth $540,000, find its value at the end of one year?
6) In 2002, the migrant intake of a country increased by 6% form the year before. If the migrant intake of 2001 was 79,000, how many migrants arrived in 2002?
7) A green grocer bought a carton of 24 dozen apples in which 84 were bad. Calculate the percentage wastage?
8) Simon’s pay increased from $532.78 per week to $544.16 per week. What percentage increase was this?
9) A plant was measured at the beginning of the week and had increase in height by 85 mm. Calculate the percentage increase if its initial height was 50 mm.
10) A calculator wrist watch marked at $69.98 is advertised at a discount of $15. What percentage discount is this, to the nearest whole percentage?