Read the following questions carefully and solve the problems.
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this quiz. You cannot start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1) An item is marked down 15%; the sale price is $127.46. What was the original price?
2) The price of oil decreased from $54 per barrel to $50 per barrel. What is the percentage decrease in oil price?
3) Tracksuits normally ticketed at $49.95 were discounted at $19.95. What was the percentage discount offered?
4) Inflation is currently running at 3% per annum. That means that all goods and services will cost 3% more in a year’s time. What will be the cost in 1 year’s time of :
a) A $20 CD.
b) A $65 dental checkup.
c) A $49.95 pair of jeans.
c) = $
5) The value of Thomas’ new bike depreciated by 22% this year. If the value at the beginning of the year was $888. What is the value of the bike at the end of the year?
6) a) By what percentage should 950 be increased to give 980?
b) Is it the same as the percentage required to decrease 980 to 950? ( ANSWER WITH YES/NO)
7) An item that regularly sells for $425 is marked down to $318.75. What is the discount rate?
8) There were 160 smarty’s in the box yesterday, but now there are 116, what is the percentage change?
9) The tuition at a college increased from 50,000 in 2006 to to 59,000 in 2007. What is the percentage increase in tuition?
10) Stock in Company XYZ decreased from $14 a share to $9 a share. What is the percentage decrease in stock price?